- Terms & Condition
Terms & Condition
- Services: www.expatsinindia.org provides the User with an Internet platform which incorporates technical applications that allow the User to establish contact and share information with other Users. This Service made available via the www.expatsinindia.org website includes upload, download, and posting options regarding materials and information, which www.expatsinindia.org the User, or other Users want to share on the www.expatsinindia.org website (“Content(s)”). www.expatsinindia.org does not take part in any communication between Users and is not responsible for or party to any agreements that Users engage in by communicating over www.expatsinindia.org website. The principles set forth in this section shall also apply for any agreements between Users and third party service providers providing supplemental services embedded in or linked to the www.expatsinindia.org website. Such third party service providers are acting independently from www.expatsinindia.org and www.expatsinindia.org does not accept any liability for third parties’ acts or omissions. www.expatsinindia.org reserves the right to modify the Services or to offer services different from those offered at the time of the User’s registration at any time unless this is unreasonable for the User. www.expatsinindia.org shall give due notice of any amendments of Services to the User via the User’s email address or by placing a notice in the User’s personal inbox on the www.expatsinindia.org website. The amendments to the Services shall be effective from that point in time unless the User objects within two (2) weeks after receipt of said notice by sending an email www.expatsinindia.org provided that www.expatsinindia.org has explicitly informed the User about the consequences of such non-objection. The User understands that it is technically impossible to offer or guarantee a 100% availability of the www.expatsinindia.org website. www.expatsinindia.org will make reasonable efforts to keep the www.expatsinindia.org website available without unplanned interruption. However, maintenance, security or other planned actions, and/or events beyond www.expatsinindia.org reasonable control (e.g., disruptions in public communication networks, power failures), may cause temporary interruptions or other failures of the Services.
- Registration: By completing the registration procedure, the User consents to enter into this agreement to use the Services and www.expatsinindia.org accepts this offer by activating the User’s membership and personal account. The User guarantees and represents that the User has fully and truthfully submitted the information required by www.expatsinindia.org for registration and does not use pseudonyms or nicknames. The User shall keep data in his/her profile up-to-date, in particular any changes to his/her e-mail address. The User shall ensure that www.expatsinindia.org can establish contact with him/her via the contact details provided by him/her in the personal profile on the www.expatsinindia.org website at all times. www.expatsinindia.org reserves the right to refuse registration of any user for any or no reason. The User hereby confirms that the User is of legal age at the time of registration and has not already registered with www.expatsinindia.org , i.e., only maintains one (1) User account. During registration the User must define a password which the User will use to identify himself/herself in order to access the Website(s), the Services, and the User’s personal account. The User is responsible for keeping the password secret and preventing other persons from accessing the User’s account via this password. The User agrees to notify www.expatsinindia.org of any unauthorized use of the User’s password or account or any other breach of security immediately through the contact form available on each www.expatsinindia.org website under “Contact”. The User promises to immediately inform www.expatsinindia.org if there is any indication that the password is being used by third parties. www.expatsinindia.org will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the User’s failure to comply with this section. In so far as the User is in breach of the obligations agreed in this section 3, www.expatsinindia.org shall be entitled to terminate this agreement with immediate effect, to block the User’s account and/or to prevent further use of the Services and the Website(s) by the User.
- User’s Obligations: The User shall only provide true and accurate personal, social, and professional information and shall not post on www.expatsinindia.org website any photographs identifying the User which are older than three (3) years or on which the User cannot be clearly and plainly recognised. The User shall not use any nicknames or pseudonyms to identify himself/herself. The User shall not use, upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Contents, or have other make the same available on the www.expatsinindia.org website, or send other Users messages with Contents that violate laws and statutes in any manner (“Illegal Contents”), such as, but not limited to: Contents breaching third-party rights – e.g., copyright, performance and commercial property rights such as brands, patents, registered designs, design rights, and also other rights, for example name and personality rights; Contents which are insulting or defamatory, regardless of whether said contents are directed at www.expatsinindia.org personnel or other companies or another User; Contents and actions violating criminal law, promoting anti-constitutional organizations or insignia of such organizations; Contents glorifying violence; racist, pornographic, sexist Contents; Contents harmful to young person’s; Contents trafficking in narcotics, inciting or downplaying the consumption of narcotics, inciting criminal offenses, gambling, insult or slander, defamation etc.; Contents promoting any commercial practices considered unfair competition, including progressive customer acquisition practices (such as chain distribution systems, multilevel selling or pyramid sales) or Content unreasonably annoying any other User. Contents which include information for which the User has no right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information or insider information etc.); Contents that contain company logos (excluding, however, employees of www.expatsinindia.org who may use the www.expatsinindia.org logo); Contents intended to disrupt, destroy, limit, or impair services on the www.expatsinindia.org website or the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, in particular through robots, spiders, spamming, DOS attacks, chain mail, junk mail, scripts etc. The User shall not send identical messages to more than one (1) User on the www.expatsinindia.org website. The User shall not: disguise the origin of any communication via the Services or disguise his/her own identity while using the Services in any way; disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations set up for the use of the Services on www.expatsinindia.orgwebsite by www.expatsinindia.org; interfere with or disrupt the www.expatsinindia.orgwebsite, its servers or networks connected to www.expatsinindia.org, or conduct actions that impair the operability of www.expatsinindia.org’ infrastructure, particularly which may overload said infrastructure; block, overwrite, modify, or copy any contents on www.expatsinindia.orgwebsite, unless said actions are necessary for the proper use of the Services. The use of any search engine technology is not necessary for the proper use of the Services, and is therefore prohibited.
- Granting Rights to Use: The User grants www.expatsinindia.org all rights with respect to Contents as needed to fulfill the purpose of this agreement. In particular, the User grants the royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide and unrestricted transferable and sub licensable license: to store all Contents (in particular images, videos, texts etc.) uploaded or posted during the use of the www.expatsinindia.org website in an electronic form, to make the same available to other Users and third parties and to disseminate the same to other Users and third parties upon demand by way of download, and also to permit other Users and third parties to make virtual or physical copies of these Contents for their private or other own use, to reproduce, disseminate, make generally available, and broadcast all uploaded Contents on all Websites or other platforms and services operated by www.expatsinindia.org (in particular TV, advertising, print media, radio, Internet, mobile Internet), to process the Contents in a user-friendly form, make the same amenable for research and process the same such that other Users and third parties can access the same at any time. This includes converting the Contents into other data formats. www.expatsinindia.org is also granted the right to process the Contents with respect to visual appearance, font, layout, scaling etc. www.expatsinindia.org shall have the right to combine the Contents or parts thereof with its own or third-party Contents, in particular to add links to the Contents or make the same available to third parties via links, to amend, shorten, block or suspend access to, and delete any Contents provided by the User. With respect to all Contents described above, the User hereby waives the exercising of all moral rights as far as legally possible, in particular with respect to infringements through changes to the Contents made by www.expatsinindia.org or third parties. The User hereby warrants that with respect to the entire Contents furnished by the User, the User is the holder of the corresponding intellectual property rights or is entitled to use and transfer rights of use (in particular for publication, reproduction, and dissemination) to the extent necessary and required under these TERMS & CONDITIONS and during the course of the Contents being used on the www.expatsinindia.org website without the infringement of any third-party rights.
- No Responsibility for the User’s and Third-Party Contents: www.expatsinindia.org shall not be liable for any Contents provided or made available by any User, including the User’s content. In particular, www.expatsinindia.org does not warrant that any such Content is true or accurate, or that it fulfils or serves any particular purpose. If the User finds Contents offensive or objectionable, or a breach of its or any third-party rights, or illegal in any other way, the User shall contact www.expatsinindia.org through the contact form available on each www.expatsinindia.org website under “Contact”, or by sending an email to www.expatsinindia.org www.expatsinindia.org will investigate the complaints and violations of its policies and may take any appropriate action, including, but not limiting to issuing warnings, removing or blocking the Content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. The User acknowledges that the www.expatsinindia.org website include and provide Contents provided by third-party providers as well as links to websites of third parties. www.expatsinindia.org shall not be liable for any such Third-Party Contents, but will comply with its obligations in accordance with the law.
- Liability of www.expatsinindia.org: Subject to the provisions set out in this section, www.expatsinindia.orgshall only be liable for any damages, irrespective of the cause of action, including tort, which are caused by negligent violation of an essential contractual obligation which have to be duly fulfilled for the achievement of the contractual purpose and on which fulfilment the User can rely on under normal circumstances, or are caused by gross negligence or wilful misconduct of www.expatsinindia.org. If www.expatsinindia.orgis held liable under the preceding paragraph, www.expatsinindia.org’ liability shall be limited to those typical damages which www.expatsinindia.orgcould reasonably foresee at the time of execution of the agreement, based on circumstances known to www.expatsinindia.orgat that time, provided, however, that this limitation shall not apply if any damages are caused by www.expatsinindia.org’ gross negligence or wilful misconduct. www.expatsinindia.orgshall not be liable for any consequential, incidental, or indirect damages unless those damages are caused by its gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
- Indemnity: The User shall indemnify and hold www.expatsinindia.org harmless and not accountable for claims for breach of third-party rights for which the User is responsible or any damage which is caused by a breach of any contractual obligations by the User. The User shall in particular indemnify and hold www.expatsinindia.org harmless and not accountable for claims by third parties resulting from any illegal acts by the User, in particular with respect to Contents provided by the User infringing third-party rights or otherwise Illegal Content. In so far as such infringement of rights result in court proceedings, the User shall also bear the costs incurred by www.expatsinindia.org as a result, in particular court and attorney costs.